Tuesday, 6 November 2012

Vegan Challenge Day 2: Tuesday

Breakfast: Mate tea, Dorset cereal with almond milk
Lunch:      Granary bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
Dinner:     Sweet potato curry, brown rice, garlic dahl, spicy fried potato with asparagus, and steamed kale with lemon juice

Tonight's main meal was a veritable feast. Indian food is easy to cook dairy free. I used coconut milk in the curry so it was very creamy and satisfying.

Still no cravings for dairy. I am feeling really good about my decision and the commitment to this week. I used to eat a lot of cheese and drink lots of milky teas and coffees. I have a feeling that my body will thank me for cutting out that surplus of saturated fat and cholesterol. Bring on day 3 :)

1 comment:

  1. Farewell, cow milk. I am better without you. You cows never wanted to give me your milk in the first place. Sorry moo moos. I'm sorry for any part I played in you being forcefully inseminated and having your babies taken away from you and for having you attached to machinery and for the swollen udders and for the chemicals and for all the nasty crap. no more ♥

    ReplyDelete